An Australian Government Initiative
NORTEC delivers the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program, a free program for eligible participants. NORTEC’s delivery of this program abides by and is regulated by, a Provider Code of Conduct.
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program provides eligible job seekers with accredited training to improve their access to successful employment and further education. The SEE program is funded by the Australian Government and is designed to improve the employability of eligible job seekers through developing and strengthening their language, literacy and numeracy skills. The aim of the course is for job seekers to be job-ready.
The Program provides language, literacy and numeracy training to eligible job seekers, to help them to participate more effectively in training or in the labour force. It caters for job seeker groups with literacy and/or numeracy training needs including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, youth, people with disabilities, mature aged people, and job seekers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The Skills for Education and Employment Program offers:
- A pathway to employment or further vocational training;
- Assistance in reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills (within the Australian Core Skills Framework);
- A vocational training and employment plan;
- Development in entry level digital literacy and employability skills;
- Flexibility in classroom access; and
- Individualised learning plans.
The SEE program can be a stepping stone towards further study and a qualification and is suitable also for those with a non-English Speaking background (not AMEP). The program offers initial, basic and advanced streams of training.
SEE is not like school. It provides:
- One-on-one tutoring;
- Working in small groups;
- A relaxed and friendly learning environment;
- Qualified, experienced tutors;
- The flexibility to work at your own pace; and
- A supportive learning environment.
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
- Be of working age (15-64);
- Be registered with Centrelink as a job seeker and, if over 20 years, be in receipt of a specified income support payment;
- Not already be enrolled in full time training; and
- Must be willing and able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week to your learning.
Referrals to NORTEC come from Centrelink offices or Jobactive providers. Jobactive members are able to directly refer their clients to the Skills for Education and Employment program.
Assessments are made by NORTEC Training Solutions to determine eligibility and suitability for the program. The interview usually takes around two hours and during this time your current skills are discussed and you work with your teacher to plan a program that suits your learning needs. Following assessment, a time is arranged to commence training.
Training hours are planned with the participant, with a maximum period of 800 hours allocated over a maximum period of two years. Each trainee has an individual study plan with training orientated towards practical vocational skills.
NORTEC has had many success stories from past clients – some completing their HSC, undertaking TAFE courses and gaining employment.
- Ballina – 10 Endeavour Close, NSW 2478
- Casino – 85 Walker Street, NSW 2470
- Coffs Harbour – 34 Moonee St, NSW 2450
- Forster – 6 Enterprise Court, NSW 2428
- Grafton – 144 Fitzroy St, NSW 2460
- Kempsey – 1/59 Smith St, NSW 2440
- Lismore – 256 Molesworth St, NSW 2480
- Murwillumbah – Sh6, Palm Court Main Street, NSW 2484
- Nerang – 11 Lavelle Street, QLD 4211
- Palm Beach – 1051-1053 Gold Coast Highway, QLD 4221
- Port Macquarie – 8 Short Street, NSW 2444
- Taree – 102/1 Pulteney Street, NSW 2430
- Tweed Heads South – 87 Minjungbal Drive, NSW 2484
If you are interested in the SEE program, fill out the form in the Apply section, and a friendly NORTEC Training Solutions representative will get in touch with you to discuss this opportunity.