Certificate 3 Guarantee Program – funded by the Queensland Government
- Certificate III in Business (BSB30115)
- Certificate III In Micro Business Operations (BSB30315)
- Certificate III in Business Administration (BSB30415)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015)
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals without a certificate III or higher level qualification to complete a nationally recognised certificate III level qualification that leads to:
- A job outcome for individuals trying to enter the labour market or into their desired industry/career; or
- Advancement in the workplace or career progression for individuals already employed in their preferred industry
The Certificate 3 Guarantee also supports young people to transition from school to work. It does this by offering fee-free training in high-priority qualifications to year 12 graduates, and by offering a range of subsidised qualifications, primarily at the certificate I and II levels to VET in Schools students.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Co-Contribution Fee:
NORTEC Employment and Training charges a co-contribution fee to eligible residents who enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee training. It is calculated at a rate of $3.50 per unit of competency for concession holders and $7 per unit of competency for non-concession holders. Qualifications of 14 units will attract a $49 fee for concession holders and $98 for non-concession holders.
Within 3 months of the date of training completion, you will be required to complete a compulsory Employment Survey to provide valuable information and data regarding potential improvements and results of the program. NORTEC Training Solutions will provide participants with all necessary forms and facilitate the return of all surveys.
In order to undertake training through the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- with the exception of VET in Schools students, be aged 15 years or above, and no longer at school
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, including a humanitarian entrant, a temporary resident
- with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and finally
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
It is important to note that students can only access subsidised training under Certificate 3 Guarantee once.