All personal information collected by NORTEC Staffing Solutions is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
Why We Need Your Personal Information:
The personal information collected and maintained by NORTEC Staffing Solutions may comprise your name, address, contact details, education details, qualifications, previous work history & experience, and referee contact details.
This information is required in assessing your suitability for casual employment assignments involving communication between the relevant parties. Parties include referees, business customers, actual employers, insurers, professional association or registration body, workers compensation bodies, NORTEC contractors and suppliers and any other person with a lawful intent to obtain information.
The information may also be used in connection with performance review and prospects, any test or assessment you may be required to undertake and identification of your training needs. Also, for any workplace rehabilitation, management of complaints/investigation/inquiry in which you are involved and any insurance claim or proposal requiring disclosure of personal or sensitive information.
How Your Information Will Be Collected:
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you complete our application form or supply any other information in connection to your application to us for registration. Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when we receive:
- Any references about you;
- Results of inquiries that we might make of you from former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- The results of any competency or medical test;
- Performance feedback;
- Any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- Any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- Any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; or
- Any additional information you provide us with about yourself.
What Constitutes as Sensitive Information?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association;
- Religious beliefs/affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Sexual preference or practices;
- Criminal record;
- Health or disability (at any time);
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
We may be limited in our ability to locate and/or place you in a suitable work position.
Accessing your personal information:
If you would like to seek access to, or revise your personal information, or feel the information we currently have on record is incorrect, incomplete or has been interfered with, you are entitled to access and make changes to it, or raise any concerns with our staff.
NORTEC aims to ensure your personal information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete. Please keep us informed of any changes.
Should you have a complaint it will be managed and resolved through NORTEC Staffing Solutions complaints procedure.