Are you or any of your staff struggling at work?
There is help available! It can happen to anyone, that sometimes the unexpected occurs. Stress builds up, mental health an suffer, injuries occur or sickness rears its ugly head. This can impact on work performance, adding further stress to an already stressful time with the worry of losing a job. For employers, losing your valued employee and having to re-hire and retrain is never easy, is costly to staff morale and your bottom line.
As part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services ‘Job in Jeopardy’ initiative, The Employee Support Program offers no-cost workplace assistance for existing employees with work performance issues due to an injury or illness.
Working together with employers and employees, NORTEC provides assistance through a range of strategies that aim to retain you or your existing employee in their work role, improve work performance and maintain positive morale. We assess the barriers impacting employment and develop strategies to manage these. Some of these include:
- Workplace assessments (which includes access to the Employment Pathway Fund for Federal-Government assistance that provides funding for any required equipment or physical workplace modifications);
- Referral to short-term psychological counseling;
- Inclusion into health, exercise or therapy programs;
- Vocational planning;
- On the job training and support, including for your employee, yourself and their colleagues if requested;
- Additional funding for on-the-job training of individual’s over 55 years of age;
- Ongoing monitoring and support for your employee for up to 26 weeks.
For eligibility into the Employee Support Program, you or your employee need to:
- Be an existing employee working for more than 8 hours per week;
- Have a current health condition that is impacting on their work performance (you do not require a medical certificate or special assessment);
- Be an Australian resident;
- Not already be receiving assistance through the Australian Government’s Disability Employment Services.
To register for the no-cost Employee Support Program you can register on behalf of your employee (with their permission) or your employee can register themselves directly.
To do so, simply email your interest in registering (or to get further information) to ESP@nortec.org.au
One of our Work Advisors will then be in contact to make an appointment to discuss your needs or answer any further questions you may have.