At NORTEC, we strive to ensure all commercial and non-profit activities have a positive impact on the community’s social and economic wellbeing, across all four of our service areas. We achieve this through adhering to ethical and sustainable business practices, and standing by our service moto:
“Listening to Understand. Seeking Real Solutions”.
NORTEC is a for-purpose, community-owned organisation. Therefore, we invest funds from our commercial enterprises to support the delivery of community programs, social enterprise initiatives, small business support and community grants & sponsorships. These activities assist us in giving back to our community in a way that supports and promotes social engagement and economic growth.
NORTEC came about following the merger between TTEC Enterprises, an organisation part of the Tweed community since 1979, and Ballina Skills and Development Centre, based in the Northern Rivers region since 1986. Both companies formed out of a desire to create employment opportunities and promote economic growth in our local region.
Since the merger of these two like-minded companies in 2007, NORTEC has successfully grown to over 40 office locations through the Mid- and Upper-New South Wales region (Forster to Tweed Heads), and through South-East Queensland (from Palm Beach to Brisbane).
NORTEC delivers a range of recruitment services, including commercial and funded, as well as a host of supporting programs, services and initiatives:
- Australian Government-funded jobactive Australia program, a no-fee recruitment service.
- Commercial labor hire, temporary staffing and professional placement and recruitment services.
- Training and Traineeship solutions for individuals and businesses, through NORTEC Training Solutions. This includes the Certificate III Guarantee program and the Higher Level Learning Skills initiative (both made possible through Queensland State Government Funding), and the Smart and Skilled initiative (made possible through New South Wales State Government funding).
- The Australian Government-funded New Enterprise Incentive Scheme, an initiative to help jobseekers get their eligible small business idea off the ground.
- Youth Programs to assist the youth in our region to achieve their very best.
- Delivery of the Skills for Education and Employment program, to ensure jobseekers are confident with their ability to speak articulately, read, write and perform basic math crucial for successful employment.
- A volunteer referral service, providing volunteer sourcing and support to community organisations in need of unpaid assistance in our Northern Rivers service region.
- Social enterprise initiatives that encourage economic independence for regional communities
- Our Community Grants initiative, which provides funding opportunities to community organisations throughout our region.
Purpose Statement and Core Values
NORTEC has a very clear purpose and vision moving ahead into the future: We aim to create opportunities and inspire futures. We can achieve this through listening to understand, and seeking real solutions. We will be leaders in our community by providing integrated services that connect people, businesses and communities.
At NORTEC we have specific core values that guide and underpin everything we do:
- Inclusion: We welcome everyone, no matter their background, and always encourage and support new ways of thinking and doing.
- Respect: We treat others how we would like to be treated.
- Integrity: We are authentic in everything we do.
- Accountability: We will take responsibility for our actions and inactions.