How to start a business
Congratulations! You have decided to start a small business! We have everything you need to help you to turn your ‘big idea’ into your reality. This session will help you to define what you want to accomplish & how you are going to accomplish it. 2 hours of learning & networking fun!!
Attending this event will consolidate your thinking about starting a business in NSW. You’ll then be eligible to book an advisory session to test your business idea.
THREE KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- How to create a successful business plan, ways to explore your idea and how to commercialise it
- How to determine your business structure and what type of record keeping you will need
- A general understanding of your ATO and Legal Obligations
MEET YOUR PRESENTER – TONY BRINDLEY
Tony is a qualified accountant who has worked at the Australian Tax Office as a GST and New Business Advisor. He has been helping small businesses and has extensive experience with businesses specialising in: horticulture, creative publishing, retailing, and e-commerce over many years.
Tony knows the highs and lows of running a small business as well as the impact it can have on family members. He is keen to help you pull everything together and work out effective ways of organising and running your business. This includes help with: start-ups and business plans, cash flows, budgeting, costings, business exit plans, e-commerce, multi-channel selling, inventory management, impacts of margins and discounts, bookkeeping and accounting.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- You must be registered with the Business Connect program.
- You should be logged in and registered for the Webinar MS Teams meeting at least 5 minutes prior.
- Have a pen & paper ready to write down your questions, as well as a bottle of water.
- Online video recordings and resources will be available for those who attend and who are Business Connect customers.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
This webinar is aimed at small businesses throughout NSW who have just started or have an established business and we have the capacity to host up to 50 people.
The webinar will take place on MS Teams. You will receive the MS Teams link in an email prior to the workshop (check your spam folder as they often go there). This will be a live online event which will be recorded. The recording and resources will be sent to attendees following the event.
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.