Links to Learning
Links to Learning is a free program for eligible participants who are at school (in year grades 6-11) and are at risk of disengaging and/or facing barriers which are impacting on their engagement with education.
The Department provides funding to NSW based approved, not-for-profit, community based organisations and local government authorities to deliver targeted Links to Learning projects.
NORTEC is currently funded to deliver Links to Learning programs to specific local Tweed Shire government schools.
Links to Learning is beneficial for Year 6-11 government school students who are identified at risk of:
- disengaging from education
- leaving school early
- not successfully transitioning from primary to high school
Key objectives of Links to Learning include:
- CONNECT – schools identify appropriate students in partnership with Links to Learning Coordinator
- ENGAGE – students are actively engaged in meaningful activities
- LEARN – students are provided with learning opportunities aimed at improving their education, employment & life skills
- PLAN – individualised plans are developed collaboratively with students to identify goals and strategies for transition from Links to Learning to their base school
- TRANSITION – students are supported in implementing their individual plan to successfully transition from Links to Learning projects to their base school.
Best of all… It’s fun and it’s free!
If you would like to know more or are interested in participating, then please call NORTEC on 1800 667 832 or speak to your local school to see if you/your child is eligible to be part of the NORTEC Links to Learning program.